By Richard Gray
- Presents the 1st designated interrogation of U.S. writing in a time of difficulty
- Develops a well timed and provocative arguement approximately literature and trauma
- Relates U.S. writing for the reason that Sept. 11 to an important social and historic adjustments within the U.S. and in other places
- Places U.S. writing within the context of the remodeled place of the U.S. in a global characterised by way of political, fiscal, and armed forces predicament; transnational go with the flow; the resurgence of spiritual fundamentalism; and the obvious triumph of world capitalism
Read or Download After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11 PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Please input product description
‘Contemporary Literature’ is likely one of the most well-liked components of literary learn however it could be a tricky one to outline. This publication equips readers with the mandatory instruments to take an analytical and systematic method of modern texts. the writer offers solutions to a few of the serious questions within the field: What makes a literary textual content modern?
Apartheid and past deals trenchant, traditionally delicate readings of writings through Coetzee, Gordimer, Fugard, Tlali, Dike, Magona, and Mda, targeting the intimate courting among position, subjectivity, and literary shape. It additionally explores the way in which apartheid functioned in its daily operations as a geographical procedure of keep an eye on, exerting its strength via such spatial mechanisms as residential segregation, bantustans, passes, and prisons.
Narcoepics Unbound foregrounds the arguable but generally untheorized phenomenon of latest Latin American 'narcoepics. ' facing literary works and flicks whose features are associated with illicit international alternate, casual exertions, violence, 'bare life,' drug intake, and ritualistic styles of id, it argues for a brand new theoretical method of higher comprehend those 'narratives of intoxication.
- Shakespeare and the Jesuits: To Fight the Fight
- Faulkner's Imperialism: Space, Place, and the Materiality of Myth (Southern Literary Studies)
- Cultural Ways of Worldmaking (Concepts for the Study of Culture (CSC))
- The Madhouse of Language: Writing and Reading Madness in the Eighteenth Century
- Names and their underlying mythology in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter-Novels
- Japanese Counterculture: The Antiestablishment Art of Terayama Shuji
Extra info for After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11
After the Fall: American Literature Since 9/11 by Richard Gray
Categories: Literary Criticism Theory