By Linda Wagner-Martin
- The background of yankee Literature from 1950 to the current offers a complete research of the big variety of literary works that extends into the twenty first century
- Covers drama, poetry, fiction, non-fiction, memoirs, technology fiction, and detective novels
- Features dialogue of yank works in the context of such 21st-century concerns as globalization, medication, gender, schooling, and different topics
Read or Download A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Please input product description
‘Contemporary Literature’ is likely one of the preferred components of literary research however it could be a tricky one to outline. This e-book equips readers with the mandatory instruments to take an analytical and systematic method of modern texts. the writer offers solutions to a few of the serious questions within the field: What makes a literary textual content modern?
Apartheid and past bargains trenchant, traditionally delicate readings of writings via Coetzee, Gordimer, Fugard, Tlali, Dike, Magona, and Mda, concentrating on the intimate dating among position, subjectivity, and literary shape. It additionally explores the best way apartheid functioned in its day by day operations as a geographical process of keep an eye on, exerting its strength via such spatial mechanisms as residential segregation, bantustans, passes, and prisons.
Narcoepics Unbound foregrounds the arguable but typically untheorized phenomenon of latest Latin American 'narcoepics. ' facing literary works and movies whose features are associated with illicit worldwide alternate, casual exertions, violence, 'bare life,' drug intake, and ritualistic styles of id, it argues for a brand new theoretical method of larger comprehend those 'narratives of intoxication.
- Before the West Was West: Critical Essays on Pre-1800 Literature of the American Frontiers
- Anglophone-Cameroon Literature: An Introduction
- Taste for Chaos: The Art of Literary Improvisation
- Sex Expression and American Women Writers, 1860-1940
- Brecht On Art And Politics
- How Poets See the World: The Art of Description in Contemporary Poetry
Extra resources for A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature)
A History of American Literature: 1950 to the Present (Wiley-Blackwell Histories of American Literature) by Linda Wagner-Martin
Categories: Literary Criticism Theory