By Emma Buckley,Martin Dinter
- The first publication of its type to regard this period, which has won in acceptance in fresh years
- Makes a lot vital examine on hand in English for the 1st time
- Features a stability of recent study with proven severe lines
- Offers an strange breadth and variety of fabric, together with colossal remedies of politics, management, the imperial court docket, artwork, archaeology, literature and reception studies
- Includes a mixture of demonstrated students and groundbreaking new voices
- Includes distinctive maps and illustrations
Read or Download A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Best literary medieval criticism books
This landmark assortment provides a large choice of viewpoints at the price and position of reception conception in the glossy self-discipline of classics. A pioneering assortment, taking a look at the function reception conception performs, or may possibly play, in the sleek self-discipline of classics. Emphasizes theoretical features of reception.
In 1322, a Jewish medical professional named Abner entered a synagogue within the Castilian urban of Burgos and commenced to weep in prayer. Falling asleep, he dreamed of a "great guy" who steered him to evoke from his shut eye. presently thereafter, he switched over to Christianity and wrote a few works attacking his outdated religion.
The Carmen Saeculare was once composed and released in 17 BCE as Horace was once returning to the style of lyric which he had deserted six years previous; the fourth e-book of Odes is partially a reaction to this poem, the one commissioned poem we all know from the interval. The hardening of the political scenario, with the Republic something of the previous and the Augustan succession within the air, threw the frustrating factor of compliment into clean aid, and while supplied an impulse in the direction of the nostalgia represented by way of the poet's deepest global.
Michael Psellos (11. Jh. ) ist ein Philosoph, der wie kein anderer für die byzantinische Epoche steht. Das Denken dieses Großintellektuellen – der in subtilen Auseinandersetzungen mit antiken und spätantiken Positionen in Theologie, Ontologie und Ethik eine selbständige christliche Philosophie formuliert – findet in diesem Band erstmalig eine monographische Gesamtdarstellung.
- Transformations of Memory and Forgetting in Sixteenth-Century France: Marguerite de Navarre, Pierre de Ronsard, Michel de Montaigne
- Case Studies: Volume 2
- Apuleius and Drama: The Ass on Stage (Oxford Classical Monographs)
- Metaphor, Allegory, and the Classical Tradition: Ancient Thought and Modern Revisions
Extra resources for A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to the Neronian Age (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Emma Buckley,Martin Dinter
Categories: Literary Medieval Criticism