By Stephen Houlgate,Michael Baur
- A entire consultant to 1 of an important glossy philosophers
- Essays are written in an available demeanour and draw at the most recent Hegel research
- Contributions are drawn from internationally and from a large choice of philosophical techniques and traditions
- Examines Hegel’s impact on various thinkers, from Kierkegaard and Marx to Heidegger, Adorno and Derrida
- Begins with a chronology of Hegel’s existence and paintings and is then break up into sections masking themes akin to Philosophy of Nature, Aesthetics, and Philosophy of Religion
Read Online or Download A Companion to Hegel (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) PDF
Similar modern philosophy books
This publication offers a entire realizing of coherence, the debate surrounding it, and its implications around the self-discipline of philosophy. insurance first takes up the tough and debatable job of measuring the coherence of a knowledge set after which criticizes this pastime. The publication additionally relates this foundational examine to a big selection of epistemological and metaphysical demanding situations.
A severe anthology that re-examines Jacques Derrida’s suggestion in terms of idea and praxis, this quantity displays on his outstanding legacy and the way forward for conception. between modern thinkers, Derrida demanding situations not just our methods of considering but additionally hitherto tools of serious inquiry. within the try to renovate and re-energise philosophy, Derrida questions the elemental assumptions of Western philosophical inspiration, and, in flip, exposes the elaborate lie at the back of binaries, similar to, speech/writing, nature/culture, male/female, black/white, literature/criticism, and so on.
Simone de Beauvoir was once a thinker and author of impressive variety and impression whose paintings is primary to feminist conception, French existentialism, and modern ethical and social philosophy. The essays during this 2003 quantity learn all of the significant elements of her idea, together with her perspectives on concerns reminiscent of the position of biology, sexuality and sexual distinction, and evil, the effect on her paintings of Heidegger, Sartre, Merleau-Ponty, Husserl, and others, and the philosophical value of her memoirs and fiction.
Wie beschreiben wir Wahrnehmungen? Unsere Alltagssprache ist keine Werkzeugkiste, in der wir für alle möglichen Anwendungen die passenden Werkzeuge finden. used to be wir sehen, hören, tasten, schmecken oder riechen bestimmt nicht nur unsere verbalen sondern auch unsere nicht-verbalen Begriffe. Wir verwenden unterschiedliche medienbestimmte Begriffe, um uns über Wahrnehmungsinhalte zu verständigen.
- Hegel's Philosophy of Nature: Volume II Edited by M J Petry: Volume 77 (Muirhead Library of Philosophy)
- Hegel: A Re-Examination: Volume 32 (Muirhead Library of Philosophy)
- Die Rezeption der Politeia in George Orwells "1984" - Ein Systemvergleich (German Edition)
- Philosophy and the Idea of Freedom (Classical Texts in Critical Realism (Routledge Critical Realism))
- The Philosophy of the Young Kant: The Precritical Project
- Ayer-Arg Philosophers: Volume 3 (Arguments of the Philosophers)
Additional resources for A Companion to Hegel (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy)
A Companion to Hegel (Blackwell Companions to Philosophy) by Stephen Houlgate,Michael Baur
Categories: Modern Philosophy